Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Alabama
When you have a boat in Alabama, the best way to enjoy your watercraft to the fullest is by investing in a boat insurance policy. Boat insurance protects you and your boat when the unthinkable happens. Want to learn more about boat insurance? Please keep scrolling as Baldo-Downs Insurance LLC in Tuscaloosa, AL sheds more light on this insurance.
Is boat insurance mandatory in Alabama?
The Alabama state doesn’t require boaters to invest in watercraft insurance. However, when you are at fault for an accident, you are liable for the injuries and property damage you cause. Plus, if a financial institution finances your boat, they may insist you buy boat insurance to protect your assets from perils like fire, accidents, hail, falling objects, and theft.
Boat insurance coverages
The needs of boat insurance differ from one boater to another. Fortunately, boat insurance has multiple coverages to enable you to choose options that suit your unique needs. Here are some boat insurance coverages to look at:
- Liability coverage: When you are at fault for an accident, liability claims can be significant. If you don’t have relevant boat insurance, you can quickly slump into a financial mess. Luckily, liability claims are the least of your worries if you have boat insurance.
- Collision coverage: It pays for damages to your boat after a crash with another boat or stationary object.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers physical damage to your boat when non-collision perils like theft, fire, vandalism, and natural disasters strike.
- Medical payments coverage: It covers medical bills for you and your passengers after a boating accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured boater coverage: Because watercraft insurance isn’t mandatory in Alabama, there is a likelihood that many boaters don’t carry boat insurance. This coverage protects you in hit-and-run scenarios and when you collide with a boater carrying little or no insurance.
Are you looking for an affordable boat insurance policy in Tuscaloosa, AL? Please get in touch with Baldo-Downs Insurance LLC for a competitive quote.